Monday, June 20, 2011

11: The Sword and Scales, Issue 2.01

The Sword and Scales:  Your on-line repository of crime and justice
Issue 2.01
Greetings, Loyal Reader:
When my father was a young man, Veterans’ Stadium was the largest sports venue in the state.  Visitors from counties around would come to fill 15,000 seats.  By today’s standards, this is of course very modest.  Today the field is used mostly for high school football and soccer play-offs.
I bring this up, because Veterans’ Stadium is where, today, in the same place that I enjoyed my first circus, I saw my second dead body.  In the dead-center of the 400-foot field, amidst a sea of green, lay the small, pale form of Anastasia Demopaulos.   And just like the two previous victims, Ms. Demopaulus was garbed in a linen baptismal robe, with a large A scrawled in blood upon her chest. This robe has been confirmed as also belonging to Sacred Heart. 
The field was in pristine playing condition, undisturbed except for a choppy trail leading up to and around Anastasia’s body.  It seems clear that a struggle had taken place.  Anastasia was a pretty, petite girl in her twenties.  She had blond hair, but her dark eyes and roots revealed her Greek pedigree.
All of the gross facts of the crime scene match the modus operandi of our Alpha Killer.  However, the finer details of the killing reveal definite differences, which have led the Police to the very unfortunate conclusion that this is in fact almost certainly a copy-cat killing.
With thanks the Kensington Homicide, I am again the first to bring you this story.  And as such, a duty, which I assure you, has lost any charm or novelty, falls upon me once more.  I am tasked again with ascribing a moniker to a murderer.  It seems only fitting that this killer with a penchant for imitation be known henceforth as Omega.
As always,
- Truth will out.  - W. Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment