Thursday, April 11, 2013

32 Time for work


Kris, ironically, woke his phone up.  He had another message from Alphamail:  “I told you to make her stop.  If you can’t stop her, then I will have to do it myself.  She doesn’t understand - the things I did, I didn’t do TO them, it is something I did FOR them.  Now the detective will die also.  And this is your fault.”
Kris put the phone down.  His head throbbed with each pulse of his heart.  He felt a vague guilt for having a hangover.  He felt like he had been responsible for putting a life sentence on Maggie’s head.  He saw the open photo album and a part of him regretted spying into Maggie’s life.  He felt frustrated and powerless.  He was tired of feeling powerless.  His gaze fell upon Abraham Lincoln, who simply looked smug. 
He sat down, and opened his laptop, and got to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment